Scuba Tank Nitro Conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sk888smooth

Reaction score
So... Playing with this idea.

I have:
A Scuba tank
A Paintball Air Tank (same fitting as CO2)
A Scuba tank to paintball fill adapter

The paintball tank comes with a high pressure regulator (2,700 PSI to 800 PSI).

Then hook that up to the standard CO2 to regulator gas/CO2 adapter and viola - Nitro tap and delicious foamy head!

Am I missing anything here? I think the cost here is about $100 with a new CO2 regulator and high pressure regulator not including existing equipment.

Thanks in advance for the input!

Kory

Where is the nitrogen coming in on this plan? You are listing a CO2 container and another designed for standard old atmospheric air which is roughly 80% nitrogen and 20% oxygen so that would be completely unsuitable for beer.

The problem you might run into is finding a place that will push CO2 or beer gas through a yoke or DIN. They may want you to swap the current valve for another, or they might not want to touch it period... I got a lot of pushback trying to get my 19CF pony converted with a CGA320 valve and do it legit, get another vis and hydro, but nobody local would touch it. So I sold it.

Had you already contacted your fill location to see if they will push beer gas through a DIN or yoke?

Just to close this thread I called around to local filling companies and nobody would fill the scuba tank with beer gas.

Back