Scrubbing the inside of a carboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thirdeye

Reaction score
Usually, I just rinse the carboy out really well right after use. Then when I go to use it in the future, I just rinse it good and sanitize. Well, im starting to get some rings of residue around the top. Needs a good scrubbing. What do you guy's use to scrub the inside?

What do the residue rings look like? Are they kraeusen & trub like? White scale like etc?

I have never had to scrub a carboy. Just Oxyclean , soak and rinse. If their is still some crud I repeat the soaking with fresh oxyclean.

I second the Oxyclean recommendation. It's amazing what that stuff will remove. If you still feel that you need to do a bit of scrubbing, I also second the suggestion that you pick up a carboy brush.
eMvc-22.jpg

Is Oxyclean the same stuff that the screaming, bearded guy on TV is always trying to sell me? Can I pick it up at the grocery store?

Back