Screw it!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strut

Reaction score
The original plan was to build a keezer with a Kenmore 8.8cf I already had in the basement. I picked up a two tap kit from Birdman Brewing, all stainless, 630s, ball locks, and a Taprite reg. (great kit by the way)

So I'm sitting at the bar in the kitchen, fondling my shiny new Perlicks, and find myself thirsty for a beer for some reason :confused:. As I open the fridge... I have an epiphany...

24 hours later and my project is done. :mug:

15827849791_10a1b876de_b.jpg

15652449117_b3f5c7bd86_b.jpg

Who uses crispers anyway? ;)

That is a 15lb tank back there. I have just enough room for a third keg eventually. I could get a fourth if I switch to a 5lb tank and put it on the hump.

I still plan to build the keezer eventually.

Cheers!

Looks good. Clean install.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Come on now, the only thing in my fridge is beer, bacon, and pickles... I'm obviously single ;)

I don't like to refrigerate my pickles and my beer at the same temperature...

Just kidding- that is a thing of beauty. How did you figure out where to drill to keep from trashing your fridge?

How did you figure out where to drill to keep from trashing your fridge?

To be honest, I wasn't 100% certain that I wouldn't hit something important. I pulled the schematics off the internet from an appliance parts supplier. I was able to learn the type of cooling system and read over the wiring diagrams. With this, I was able to make an edumacated assumption.

Not something for the risk adverse I suppose :mug:

Come on now, the only thing in my fridge is beer, bacon, and pickles... I'm obviously single ;)

Respect for the bottle of Zing Zang. I'm a picky guy when it comes to a good bloody mary, and usually hate mixes, but ZZ is awesome.

Edit: Double respect for the 2nd unopened bottle on the counter. I always keep a back up on hand. That **** goes fast.

Kind of looks like my set up....but mine isn't as clean, it's in the garage, and it's our second fridge.

Holy crap! Looking at the bottom pic I see the CO2 tank in the fridge door. Why in the world have I not thought about this before???? (maybe cuz the door is full of beer bottles and grain?!) That should give me enough room for another keg or two in the beer fridge, assuming the CO2 tank will fit. *face palm*

:rockin:

The original plan was to build a keezer with a Kenmore 8.8cf I already had in the basement. I picked up a two tap kit from Birdman Brewing, all stainless, 630s, ball locks, and a Taprite reg. (great kit by the way)

So I'm sitting at the bar in the kitchen, fondling my shiny new Perlicks, and find myself thirsty for a beer for some reason :confused:. As I open the fridge... I have an epiphany...

24 hours later and my project is done. :mug:

15827849791_10a1b876de_b.jpg

15652449117_b3f5c7bd86_b.jpg

Who uses crispers anyway? ;)

That is a 15lb tank back there. I have just enough room for a third keg eventually. I could get a fourth if I switch to a 5lb tank and put it on the hump.

I still plan to build the keezer eventually.

Cheers!

Screw it! You don't need fresh veggies anyway, right? I have a second fridge in my basement I have been planning on doing the same thing to for years now and something always seems to come up. This year it was an accident. :confused:

With a fridge set up like that I wonder why you're still single...
and yes i am serious!

Too bad you're spoken for already... Story of my life.

All the good ones are taken already. I'm the exception of course!

SWMBO would kill me if I did that... I wouldnt even get the couch to sleep on... She would legit throw me out.

This is exactly why I'm not married :D

We need a singles section on HBT. :ban:

SWMBO would kill me if I did that... I wouldnt even get the couch to sleep on... She would legit throw me out.

I TRIED to put some beers in the door of the fridge tonight for my father -in-law (her dad). I wanted to chill them down for Thanksgiving. My SWMBO opened the door and cried, "What is this XXXX!" I grabbed a box and took them to my car. "I'll take them to his house tomorrow SWMBO."

I TRIED to put some beers in the door of the fridge tonight for my father -in-law (her dad). I wanted to chill them down for Thanksgiving. My SWMBO opened the door and cried, "What is this XXXX!" I grabbed a box and took them to my car. "I'll take them to his house tomorrow SWMBO."

I'm sorry?

No, I see ZingZang, worchestershire sauce (Lea & Perrins, the only kind to have), and BBQ sauce.

That, combined with bacon and the pickles and beer means one hell of a great steak on the grill.

Beer and grilling ingredients.

I think I"m in love!

I also noticed the fridge door full of half-empty, expired condiments :p

LOL

Since I had to remove the two lower door shelves, it forced me to purge the expired condiments to make some room. Everything you see is at least borderline useable at this point ;)

No, I see ZingZang, worchestershire sauce (Lea & Perrins, the only kind to have), and BBQ sauce.

That, combined with bacon and the pickles and beer means one hell of a great steak on the grill.

Beer and grilling ingredients.

I think I"m in love!

Thanks, but I don't swing that way :D

You are observant, I generally don't eat what I can't grill.

Thanks, but I don't swing that way :D

You are observant, I generally don't eat what I can't grill.

"I don't swing that way"? That's cool, but you like Melana (who posted before me) just fine. I have to admit that she is much better looking than I am, and much younger, but I'm a girl just as she is. ;)

I have such a thing for grilled meat. We get half a cow every year, a whole lamb, and I usually shoot at least one deer so we get plenty of venison. My poor neighbor was a vegetarian for many years, and I worried that the smell would bother her. Recently, due to some gluten issues, she started adding some meat to her diet for the first time since she was in college and she admitted to me that the smells coming from my house didn't bother her a bit- in fact she often wished she could come over and try it! I don't smoke meat, but my friends do and I have to say that a smoked medium rare lamb roast beat my grilled porterhouse in a taste test. But barely!

You just became the most eligible bachelor on HBT!
I love this setup. Taps next to coffee...seriously, I too may be in love.

"I don't swing that way"? That's cool, but you like Melana (who posted before me) just fine. I have to admit that she is much better looking than I am, and much younger, but I'm a girl just as she is. ;)

I have such a thing for grilled meat. We get half a cow every year, a whole lamb, and I usually shoot at least one deer so we get plenty of venison. My poor neighbor was a vegetarian for many years, and I worried that the smell would bother her. Recently, due to some gluten issues, she started adding some meat to her diet for the first time since she was in college and she admitted to me that the smells coming from my house didn't bother her a bit- in fact she often wished she could come over and try it! I don't smoke meat, but my friends do and I have to say that a smoked medium rare lamb roast beat my grilled porterhouse in a taste test. But barely!

How embarrassing :eek: I must have clicked on the wrong profile.

I'm actually planning to raise a few sheep next year. Lamb is one of my favorites!

Now that I've pulled copious pints over the long holiday weekend, I can happily say the fridge kegerator upgrade was a huge success! :rockin: Perfect pours every time.

I originally thought I'd go with some shorter shanks, but I think the extra length is helping keep the faucets nice and cold. The upgrade to 10' beer lines was spot on also!

Santa is bringing me some tap handles for being such a good boy.

basetaphandle3__11818_std.JPG
globetwohearted__09736_thumb.JPG

The only problem with this setup is finding the room for another tap or two...

I just thought of a great gag gift for brewers to may the SWMBO'd head explode. Magnetic fake tap handles.

Think about it. You tell her you're working on a new draft system. When she comes home, there's two tap handles in the middle of the main refrigerator door. add a magnetic sign with beer names, and she wouldn't even open the door before going ballistic.

Her face would be priceless.

Of course, make sure all the guns are locked up, and the couch is comfortable.

No way I would do that. Not worth the after math.

That reminds me of this joke.

http://gawker.com/*********-dad-pretends-to-fling-toddler-son-off-balcony-1666085801

I just thought of a great gag gift for brewers to may the SWMBO'd head explode. Magnetic fake tap handles.

Think about it. You tell her you're working on a new draft system. When she comes home, there's two tap handles in the middle of the main refrigerator door. add a magnetic sign with beer names, and she wouldn't even open the door before going ballistic.

Her face would be priceless.

Of course, make sure all the guns are locked up, and the couch is comfortable.

First customer right here.

Santa arrived with some kegerator bling! Just in time as my Two hearted Ale clone is ready. I can't say its better than the original, but it is pretty damn good! :drunk:

Merry X-mas everyone.

15926347757_7e4e971ac9_b.jpg

Back