Scrapping During Boil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slappy White

Reaction score
Never have really thought about it, but are you supposed to scrape the residue that is left in the brew pot after the wort foams up back into the wort. I never do this, but realize that I might should be doing. I have gotten some good beers lately so I'm guessing its not that big of a deal that I don't, but would like some reassurance.

Thanks,
Slappy:mug:

Throughout the boil, I am constantly scraping the sides and stirring it back into the brewpot. You certainly have nothing to lose by doing so. The more stuff in the boil, the more you'll get out of it.

Are you using pellet hops? If yes, then you'll want to scrap or just scoop some wort along the walls and get the hops back in the wort. Hops are good.

Sometimes I do....depends. But it seems like I need to start scrapping it back in....seems like a trivial thing tho...but I'm out to correct any mistakes I'm making. Thanks...What exactly is the residue that comes up? Is it just hops or a combo of hops and malt? Just Wondering...thanks

Need to get some Foam Control Drops or larger pot. Either way I will start scrapping it back in. I have noticed a slight lack of hops consistently throughout my beers. So, that could be the answer for that....

Latest posts

Back