Scottish 80 / - from Morebeer where is the honey?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patton191

Reaction score
My three kits I just ordered came in and I am wondering if the honey is mixed in with the LME? I didn't open it up, but I thought I wouldn't be able to miss 1/2 a pound of honey. If anyone has bought this kit please help me out here!

I just looked at the website. Looks like your beer is an extract brew with steeping grains. I'm guessing the honey refers to Honey Malt, vice actual honey.

Most of the names associated with grains only refer to color, i.e., "honey" and "chocolate" grains are simply yellow-amber and dark brown, respectively.

Most of the names associated with grains only refer to color, i.e., "honey" and "chocolate" grains are simply yellow-amber and dark brown, respectively.

Generally, this is true. But honey malt has an unmistakeable aroma of, well, honey!

Under grains it included honey with the paper that came with it. I wasn't expecting honey, but I guess it will be one of the grains? Like someone said it sounds like that is most plausible.

Back