Scotc Ale Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wheat King

Reaction score
This is a work in progress label im doing for my recently bottled Scotch Ale. I'm printing it greyscale on yellow ( was hoping for more of a parchment color :\ oh well ) label paper i threw into my shopping cart at Northern Brewer, hence the coloration. Im not satisfied with it yet, but since i planned to give a few as gifts this weekend, im basically out of time on those.

"Aut Pax, Aut Bellum" means "either peace or war"...which is my family clan (Clan Gunn) motto and a pretty sweet beer drinking phrase. going for an old, worn look so theres unfaded, and faded...anyway, have at it. :ban:

4677-scotchB6nofade.jpg
4677-scotchB6.jpg

***edit: hand drawn, minor manipulation and type in photoshop

Nice label!

If you have that image on a white background on your computer, you can add a worn look to it with PhotoShop or Gimp, and then print it on the yellow paper to complete the look.

-walker

Walker-san said:
Nice label!

If you have that image on a white background on your computer, you can add a worn look to it with PhotoShop or Gimp, and then print it on the yellow paper to complete the look.

-walker

thanks! i only put that yellow background on to simulate the actual yellow paper. when im printing itll be removed.

humboldthomebrew said:
I got a question what: what program did u use to make those labels?

Photoshop. It's hand-drawn, but i cleaned it up and manipulated it and added the type in Photoshop.

Back