Scored a sweet kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sunday my brew buddy and I made a trip up to brew brothers in hillsboro, or and scouted this baby for $165

ForumRunner_20120320_031154.jpg

its a stainless steel 25 gallon :) they even have false bottoms for them too

I'm going there this weekend to pick up some stuff. I'll need a kettle and Brew Brothers looks like the best deal out of everywhere else I'm looking. What's the quality like?

Brew Brothers is to go to place for ingredients and equipment. I happily drive the 45 minutes there because I know there going to have what I need and it's the best price.

Yeah its a two hour drive from eugene to them, but they are the cheapest for grain, and I didn't thing you could get a decent sized kettle for under 200. And my roommates are the ones that sacked the house, luckily they know not to mess with my brewing equipment haha

And on the quality. Its a heavy duty kettle with tripple layer bottom, haven't got any hardware installed yet. Not sure if I wanna go welded or weldless.

For what it's worth, my weldless fittings have been great, and they seem particularly effective on a straight sided pot.

Yeah I have them on my old keggle (soon to be MLT) they work fine I just like the permanent welded fittings haha. I have read the soldering stainless steel thread and thought abort going that route

I got my kettle from them about a month ago too, they had great customer service, price, and really friendly! going back there today or tomorrow for some ingredients!

Back