Scored a Ferm Fridge on Offer Up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capt_yo55arian

Reaction score
So after about 8 brews deep on the Anvil cooling system (using the 7.5 Anvil ferm bucket) I was pretty much over the daily ritual of adding ice to the cooler. Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome system to keep your fermentation in the mid to high 60's.

I decided to jump on Offer Up and see if there were any mini fridges available. I was anticipating buying a fridge where I could keep cold water inside, and utilize the Anvil cooling system. Or find one where I could attach a collar and fit the entire bucket inside.

Best scenario happened: a free fridge was posted and it was large enough to fit the entire fermentor.

Moral of the story, don't be afraid to look for secondary appliances online. Lots of people are willing to dump these off for minimal / no cost.

Attachments

• IMG_5461.jpeg
    IMG_5461.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
Nice score!

Temp controllers are relatively inexpensive, too, so you're all in cost will be low. Can you fit a temperature probe between the orange jacket and the fermenter? Might make for a nicer presentation than the normal bungee cord and bubble wrap.

Nice score!

Temp controllers are relatively inexpensive, too, so you're all in cost will be low. Can you fit a temperature probe between the orange jacket and the fermenter? Might make for a nicer presentation than the normal bungee cord and bubble wrap.
Yah, the Anvil cooling system actually included a temp control and a #7 stopper w/ a thermowell. Bring on the lagers!

Back