Score!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacksonbrown

Reaction score
While on assignment in Baraboo, WI, today, on my lunch break, I came across a coffee store that had a carboy display in their window. I noticed the window claimed that they sold coffee, home brew, and wine making supplies. Well, of course I had to take a look. I found 6 packets of Nottingham lying around at $1.80/pk!! I hastily grabbed all six. Looking through their (single) hop drawer I also came across the last two ounces of Fuggles. Picked those up for $1.50/oz!!
When I spoke with the owner he told me, "my mama didn't raise no fool," and that he saw the hops shortage coming and grabbed up as much as he could. He was still selling them at last year's price because he felt that's what he paid, so that's what he'll charge. There was a ton of EKG at $4.25/oz. When I also said how excited I was to find some Nottingham, and that I cleaned him out, he said, "oh no, I've got a few more boxes of those."
Really nice, great little store, and an awesome find for a random little city.

lol, no, that's over an hour drive from me. He did tell me that he got an email from Danster (or maybe it was his distributor) saying that Nottingham was coming back. For whatever that's worth.

On 4th st, half a block up from city hall. I think it was called the Coffee Connection. I have the recipt at home, I'll verify then.

Back