Score Sheets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewskey

Reaction score
What is the normal wait time for receiving score sheets back from a competition? They mailed the medal to me but I have not seen my score sheets. It's been almost two weeks. Is this the norm?

Sometimes they email the sheets or post them online. I've received scoresheets 4 or 5 different ways over the years. Check your email, check their website, check all over the dang place, find their phone number and call if you need to. Typical time is 7 to 10 days for most comps, but some are better and some worse.

All of my score sheets are usually mailed with the medals. Sometimes they dont mail paper copies and just scan them in so you can view them online. Log back into the competition portal and see if there is a link next to your entries.

All of my score sheets are usually mailed with the medals. Sometimes they dont mail paper copies and just scan them in so you can view them online. Log back into the competition portal and see if there is a link next to your entries.

Yeah I've checked the portal multiple times. They haven't uploaded any results to the portal, they haven't even posted the results on the web page of the festival that hosted the competition. The only way I knew I placed is because a local homebrew club posted the results on their twitter account. I'll keep waiting, I emailed them and they did say they were being scanned but that has been a week ago. Guess I need to be patient......:drunk:

Mine were never sent to me, despite numerous emails to the organizers, the Canadian Amateur Homebrewers Association, and many emails back from them that the sheets are just being scanned.

After 4 emails that I sent over a month, I just gave up. Very disappointing since that was my first time to participate in a competition.

Mine were never sent to me, despite numerous emails to the organizers, the Canadian Amateur Homebrewers Association, and many emails back from them that the sheets are just being scanned.

After 4 emails that I sent over a month, I just gave up. Very disappointing since that was my first time to participate in a competition.

This is my first real (BJCP) competition as well. I really hope they get the sheets to me as that was really all I wanted to get out of the competition but I ended up taking 1st in american ales with my APA. The medal is cool but I really want to see those score sheets.....

Congratulations on your medal!

I hope you get better luck with the score sheets than me.

Would you care to post the medal-winning recipe?

Ok, here's the recipe, its really not that special but it turned out to be a pretty nice APA. I had the Golden Promise laying around and needed to use it up so I threw it in. Beersmith says the beer is 70 IBU, but with Hopstands and FWH going on their measurements can be a bit off. I did think it was a little too bitter for an APA at first but it really ended up being pretty nice. But,when I brew it again this weekend I'll probably dial back the FWH to .5oz.

Est Original Gravity: 1.052 SG
Measured Original Gravity: 1.052 SG
Est Final Gravity: 1.011 SG
Measured Final Gravity: 1.012 SG
Estimated Alcohol by Vol: 5.4 %
Est Color: 7.4 SRM

6 lbs 11.0 oz Standard 2-Row Malt (Rahr) (2.1 SRM) 64.7 %
2 lbs 4.0 oz Golden Promise (Simpsons) (2.0 SRM) 21.8 %
7.0 oz Crystal 40, 2-Row, (Great Western) (40.0 SRM) 4.2 %
7.0 oz Crystal 60, 2-Row, (Great Western) (60.0 SRM) 4.2 %
8.5 oz Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (0.0 SRM) 5.1 %

1.00 oz Cascade [5.70 %] - First Wort 90.0 min 23.8 IBUs