Score one for the little guy!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So your county is dry for religious reasons??

I love it when people say beer is evil... If beer was evil then why did God create it??

So your county is dry for religious reasons??

I love it when people say beer is evil... If beer was evil then why did God create it??

Who knows, you can buy beer (under 6%) no hard liquor. Most of the rural areas are that way in the state.

When I took the JD tour in Lynchburg they said that the county was dry and even though the majority of the population supports converting it to wet under the laws they don't have enough people to vote to change it. Strange ways you guys have down there.

I also took the tour down there at JD and to me it is pure hypocrisy. JD is by far their biggest employer, and I'm sure they pay a ****load of taxes. Not to mention they are packed with tourists every day who spend money in the area. So they have no problem taking alcohols' money benefits, but no one can drink? Please, hypocrisy at its best!

I also took the tour down there at JD and to me it is pure hypocrisy. JD is by far their biggest employer, and I'm sure they pay a ****load of taxes. Not to mention they are packed with tourists every day who spend money in the area. So they have no problem taking alcohols' money benefits, but no one can drink? Please, hypocrisy at its best!

It's funny, I was told JD is the reason you can't buy beer or liquor on the internet and have it shipped in. They do have a stranglehold on the entire area. The amount of money that place generates is amazing.

Wow, were smack in the middle of it.

Knoxville, Tennessee, the only major metropolitan city in America with an over 60% practicing Christian populace

Well the drinking laws and bible belt is nature trying to counter balance the fact that your state produces a lot of really hot women. Look on the bright side. LOL

My little town of "Mayberry/Mt. Airy" is debating stores on Main Street being open on Sundays! Geeeez

I know far to well how it feels to live in a 20th Century town! ha

I'm not religious at all, but I'm alright with that idea. Workers need a break! Just plan out your week so you don't need to shop on Sunday.

Wife's home town is dry, with the exception of the American Legion, who has a bar. They are influential enough to keep the town dry, for the sole reason of keeping their monopoly.

Well the drinking laws and bible belt is nature trying to counter balance the fact that your state produces a lot of really hot women. Look on the bright side. LOL

True, but 90% of them are knocked up by the time their 12.:eek:

Back