Schematic Issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruwsomtin

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew why Auber Ins wiring schematic for a SSR shows the load coming into one side of the heating element and exiting the otherside of the heating element terminating at the SSR. Then the nuetral is hooked up to the opposite side of the SSR. To me this looks like they have the load and nuetral in the same loop. This will short right? Please let me know.

You should post a link to the one you are talking about. I wouldn't rely on the diagrams they provide regarding electrical hook ups.

The method auber shows is a more direct method of wiring (fewer connections). you could wire the SSR to interrupt the hot but it is not necessary for 120v applications. Are you trying to control a 120v element or 240v?

On a similar issue with Auber they responded to my email -

"It would be better to switch the hot line"

Either method will work. Go with what makes you most comfortable. And on a second look at the diagram there will be the same number of connections to make.

Back