Scary Hallowe'en Story

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fionnbharr

Just Some Guy in a Hat
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
The name of this story is

The Legend of Charlie P. .... and the Stuck Sparge

It's the story of a young, innocent man; just starting out in life, everything to live for: A pretty girl who loves him, a faithful dog, and golden prospects with his new job as an assistant candlemaker two towns over.

The year is 1790, the location is somewhere in New England. The time is Late October.

And this story takes place ... on a night... JUST. LIKE. TONIGHT.

Oh, hell. Who cares what happens. All I know is the title of the story is enough to give me the willies. *shudder*.

Second time I have clicked on a post that mentions a stuck sparge. Who just picked up a grain bill with a bunch flaked adjuncts without grabbing some rice hulls? This guy :(

Did they even sparge in Colonial times? Always thought they just threw the whole mash in a granite bucket, and chewed it with their wooden teeth once it started to smell ripe...

They didn't sparge for the first wort. That was saved it for the "small beer" they brewed for kids & daily drinking.:mug: The sparge that wouldn't die! Oh noooooooooo!!

Back