Scariest Movie Ever!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the best kind of scary movie is the kind with lots of hot teen girls getting hacked into pieces, especially if they run around in their underwear for a while first

I have seen hundreds of horror movies, and I don't really get truely deeply scared by many of them...but I will say that the last 15 min of REC. had me crawling up the back of the couch.

Oh, I remember some older kids got a copy of Children of the Corn and it completely weirded me out. Seemed like the whole rest of the summer, every time I went into the cornfield, I could see ONE cornplant leaf waving all by itself, as though beckoning me to come further in...

They made children of corn about 8 miles from where I live. My lawyer died in the cafeteria scene, he was the balding old man.

My personal scariest movie was "Little shop of horrors". The original, not the musical. I was 5 and remember trying to sink into the couch backwards.

If we were voting for special effects my fav is "the Thing". The one with Kurt Russel in it. Great special effects for the day. I still enjoy it.

Definitely "The Exorcist" for me. Still can't watch that. "Nightmare on Elm Street" was freaky as hell, too.

"Saw" isn't necessarily scary but I get the heebie jeebies from movies where the characters are left helpless. The suspense in that was edge of your seat stuff.

Damnit...I can't remember the name of the movie...it's a french film where two girls take a trip to see one of the girl's family and the whole family ends up getting slaughtered. One of the girls is a lesbian.

I'd have to go with Hellraiser or nightmare on elm street. when my brothers and I were young he loved to rent scary movies and we would all watch them with him. I had to be around 9 years old when I saw these movies. scared the crap out of me. especially when your dad sneaks behind the couch and screams and grabs you.

Cant really say ive been scared from a movie. I always found them funny as a kid and laughed durring the "scary" scenes. Really liked exorcist and the thing or the original dawn of the dead.

Speaking of ghosts, interresting stories here:
The Shadowlands: Ghosts and Hauntings

You might wanna read em at night when everyone in the house went to bed except you of course, alone in your computer room downstairs with only your computer screen glowing along with a candle by your side.

I love scary movies, thats what I always try to find on TV if I want a movie.

First time I remember being really scared was when I watch Candyman as a kid. I had nightmares for weeks about that.

By far my favorite slasher that no one has mentioned is Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the original) still gives me goosebumps if I watch it by myself in the dark.

I am a huge Hitchcock fan, the way he raises anxiety level is just awesome:
Rear Window
Psycho
Vertigo

the last 15 min of REC. had me crawling up the back of the couch.

For all those who have no idea what REC is. It's the Original Spanish movie that Quarantine remade. I was the ONLY person in the theater when it came out and i jumped like 5 times. It stayed with me for days and i'm almost 25.

Anyone who doesn't pay omage to Aliens is just lying to themselves. Scary as **** for 10 years of my life.

Back