Scaling up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eighty2Fifty1

Reaction score
So like manyof us, I've been doing 5 gal batches with specialty grains for the last year. I'm going to be in charge of brewing all the beer for my wedding in August, and instead of building an AG setup, then learning how to use it effectively, I plan on making a keggle and doing 10 gallon batches, with a full boil. I plan on using a propane burner (I've been doing partial boils on the stove, but it struggles to boil even 3 gallons) and outfitting my keggle with a sight gauge, and a valve with a dip tube and hop screen going into a counterflow chiller. After the wedding is paid off, I plan on outfitting it with and electric heating element and building an eHERMS rig. Does anyone use a similar setup? Any advice on scaling up recipes? Anything else I might want to add?

Why not just spend the roughly $40 on a cooler to mash in? You don't need some fancy system to make great beer. AG is easy.

Back