Scale down SNA for 1gal batches?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarvInSTL

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to do a couple 1 gallon batches and looking through hightests great FAQ's; I wasn't sure if I am supposed to just divide by 5 and be done with it or not.

Thoughts?

Not sure, but for simple mead, I've heard use between 2.5 and 3 lbs of honey per gallon of water, as for the yeast and yeast nutrient, not sure....

I'm getting ready to do a couple 1 gallon batches and looking through hightests great FAQ's; I wasn't sure if I am supposed to just divide by 5 and be done with it or not.
In answer to you question, I can only say that the reasoning and rationale for the SNA are not batch size dependent. The characteristics of honey are not affected by the amount used.

I use a SNA no matter what batch size I make, and the Mead Calc. Spreadsheet adjusts the nutrient amounts based on batch size changes from the typical 5 gallon batches. ;)

If you are uncertain how to use the spreadsheet, post your recipe and I'll help walk you though an example...

Back