"Saying it in your outside voice" Tips for new members/venting and/or enternainment for regular HBTers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

doug293cz

BIABer, Beer Math Nerd, ePanel Designer, Pilot
Staff member
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Take a look at this thread on another XenForo forum that I am a member of.

I'm not saying that everyone who joins and then resurrects a zombie thread is a spammer, but it seems this is a common strategy for spammers to slip in unwanted links.
Yes, it is a common spammer technique, but we at HBT are pretty good at deleting those posts before they go live. Our methods aren't perfect however.

doug293cz

OP
OP
Broken Crow

Broken Crow

Ale's what cures 'ya
Reaction score
:agressive::agressive::agressive::agressive::agressive::agressive::agressive::agressive::agressive::agressive::agressive::agressive::agressive::agressive::agressive::agressive::agressive::agressive:

Let's see.... Registering to ask a question, yeah sure though doing a search to find an answer is better.....
Why register as a new user, search out a dead thread and then ask a question that was answered if you actually bothered to read the necro-thread you resurrected!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

TheBluePhantom

Brewing for sport
Reaction score
Why register as a new user, search out a dead thread and then ask a question that was answered if you actually bothered to read the necro-thread you resurrected!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Because they are special. No one could have possibly had this weird issue before. I mean, just look at this fermentation cap! That cannot possibly be normal! Yeah, it is their first batch but that is not what they expected.

I think I was reading for a couple years before registering. I read so many answers of clean everything, be patient, use nutrient. I decided to not look like an idiot and shut up....

seatazzz

Well-Known Bloviator & Pontificator
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Been a few zombie threads resurrected this week...giggled a bit when I read my 2018 response to a beginner's post. I had just started brewing consistently decent beers after several abject failures, dotted with some good beers, and thought I knew a LOT. 4 years later and I know more....than I did then.

seatazzz

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
OO OO OO so i just had a thought for a MAJOR money-making idea. You're all gonna love it. Wait for it....

PICTURE BOOKS. Pictures of every aspect of homebrewing. With words of one syllable describing what's in the pictures. For example:

Dick's home brewed beer has white flecks on top. Dick is scared his home brewed beer is bad and Jane will laugh at him. What should Dick do?

DICK SHOULD READ HOMEBREWTALK AND FIND OUT THOSE FLECKS ARE YEAST RAFTS FROM A ZILLION OTHER POSTS.

And somebody could draw little cartoons of yeasties floating on actual rafts. Not me, I can't draw for sh*t.

Anyone interested in a gofundme????? Wait a minute...there ARE pictures of yeast rafts....with descriptions...all over this site. Nemmind.

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic
HBT Supporter
Reaction score

i was having trouble with that....is it Oh, Oh...Oh, Oh...Oh, Oh... Or is it Oh, Oh, Oh? ;)

or is it ew, ew, ew..which strangley i can't remember how to spell right....

edit: that was a crack, to a crack...because, i've been brewing since 1996, and sometimes i forget it's not an instinct. but i get kinda a warm feeling when someone like a little baby asks questions like that. i don't have kids of my own, but i imaging that's like when a toddler says their first word....

Last edited:

Slim M

Reaction score
Difference between a guage and an airlock. Guages measure things and airlocks are one way valves. Airlocks do not measure when fermentation has started, finished, or anything else. They don't measure anything at all. They just keep your beer sanitary and allow co2 to escape without blowing up your fermenter.

Next lesson, hydrometers.
Yeah and if you get a strong fermentation going you might even blow it out or a least get some blow bye.😬

Slim M

Reaction score
A lot of the time it depends on the question.. If to OP is asking about wiring their control panel but just happens to mention something like "I can't wait to be splashing that wort into my fermenter!" .. they're likely to ignite 3 pages, possibly with heated arguments about oxidation. :p
Oxidation oxygenation same thing who cares😊

lumpher

Reaction score
I would think Ikea kits would be all-grain with the cheapest grain possible... something that would take you a while to put together, and STILL come out bad.

seatazzz

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I would think Ikea kits would be all-grain with the cheapest grain possible... something that would take you a while to put together, and STILL come out bad.
And just like every other Ikea thing we've bought, there would be leftover ingredients at the end that you have no idea where they were supposed to go.

Latest posts