Say When!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThebrewdawG

Reaction score
I'm fairly new and tend to go with the 1, 2, 3, method, But?
After 2 wks "no bubbles" 3 readings at target,.... Rack to secondary out of the bucket into the glass carboy.... and WOW! this is pretty cool to watch.. but!
3 wks in and this thing is just goinig crazy! Its a weat, "Weizen Wit Whatever" recipe< Extract>. that I followed to the T . OG 1.055 _ FG 1.015 before racking to secondary. My question is, do i let this thing just go and go and go! I do admit I like watching it!:rockin:

Wheats can tend to go for some time in the fermenters. Racking to the secondary can agitate the yeast and start the fermentation back up again.

Let it go for another couple days and take some more readings.

ThebrewdawG said:
I'm fairly new and tend to go with the 1, 2, 3, method, But?
After 2 wks "no bubbles" 3 readings at target,.... Rack to secondary out of the bucket into the glass carboy.... and WOW! this is pretty cool to watch.. but!
3 wks in and this thing is just goinig crazy! Its a weat, "Weizen Wit Whatever" recipe< Extract>. that I followed to the T . OG 1.055 _ FG 1.015 before racking to secondary. My question is, do i let this thing just go and go and go! I do admit I like watching it!:rockin:

I have never had this happen but, you really have no other option unless you stop fermenting and keg. If you are going to bottle listen to Biermuncher he knows his ****!

Back