Save my saison!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lex82

Reaction score
I posted a thread in the bottling/kegging forum about bottling my already kegged and carbonated saison. The reason I was planning to go that route is because I brewed this batch without ever trying a saison...and I don't like it. Now I'm thinking bottling after it's carbed is going to be too much work. Is there a way I can kind of change the taste by adding oranges, or cinnamon (just throwing ingredients out there). I don't care if I can no longer call it a saison, I just want to be able to drink it.

Thanks for any help.

Have you actually tried bottling since it's been carbonated? It's really quite simple with the BM filler that was recommended on your other thread. I don't drop the pressure whatsoever, just cram a racking cane w/ stopper into the tap, fill the beers up to the neck while slowly venting the stopper, then pull the filler up to release the stopper and fill to the top, until beer flows out. Pulling the tube out after you're done leaves the perfect amount of headspace. Just make sure to pull out the stopper before the beer level hits it, or you will be cleaning foam off the ceiling. I do about 20 at a time in a tupperware tub to catch the overflow (I'd do more but thats as many as the tub holds), cap em all, then do another batch. 25 to a milk crate, each crate gets a quick rinse in the shower to clean up when I'm done. Pretty quick, straightforward, and consistent, not to mention a good deal less work than degassing and repriming. You could throw whatever you like in the keg, let it sit for a while, then bottle like that to free up for your next batch.

If you don't like saisons, there might not be much to do. It's a funky style that people tend to either love or hate. You could try to mask the tastes you don't like, but why bother? At best, you'll get something that you don't hate. Life is short; give it to somebody else.

If you don't like saisons, there might not be much to do. It's a funky style that people tend to either love or hate. You could try to mask the tastes you don't like, but why bother? At best, you'll get something that you don't hate. Life is short; give it to somebody else.

I might just end up doing that.

Try blending it with different beer styles. Just pour a half glass of saison mixed with some commercial beer and see if there is a style it complements. Brew that style and blend them.

Try blending it with different beer styles. Just pour a half glass of saison mixed with some commercial beer and see if there is a style it complements. Brew that style and blend them.

Never thought about that, Thanks.

Back