• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sanyo kegger w/6 cornys in Austin, Tx

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
amc22 said:
It comes with 6 corny kegs. Also, why threadcrap?

I have noticed a trend to really get on people about their classified ads and be a bit snotty. But in this case it is clear the OP is asking a rediculous price so it's safe to expect some snarky replies. To be constructive, kegerators go for about $200 - $250 all day and occasionally can be found as low as $150 on CL. Cornies are running about $35-40 so a fair price would be closer to $500 on a good day. Obviously if someone doesn't like the price they can just move on, but it also wouldn't hurt to do a little research on current prices before making a fool of one's self.

If you look close at what is included, I can see where he has over $800 in it. Old beat up fridges with 1 cheap faucet go for $250 all day, but twin perlicks on a tower with 6 kegs?

Here's my conservative numbers.

Fridge $200
Tower $100
2 Perlicks $80
Handles $10
6 cornies $200
Regulator $ 40
5# tank $80
Drip tray $40

At $500 this would be a steal.

Thanks Ed. I'll take a reasonable offer too if anyones got one. I'll uptdate the CL ad to OBO.

what is wrong with criticism? that is what keeps the prices fair.
My post was deleted, can you honestly tell me that what he is selling is worth anywhere close to $800? really? I'm just looking out for people that work for their money.

what is wrong with criticism? that is what keeps the prices fair.
My post was deleted, can you honestly tell me that what he is selling is worth anywhere close to $800? really? I'm just looking out for people that work for their money.

Why not simply ASK why his price is $800 instead of resorting to ridicule?

If you look close at what is included, I can see where he has over $800 in it. Old beat up fridges with 1 cheap faucet go for $250 all day, but twin perlicks on a tower with 6 kegs?

Here's my conservative numbers.

Fridge $200 (sanyo mini fridge is more like $100 used, I have seen 4 between $50-100 over the past few years, got mine for $40).
Tower $100 (i have found 2 tower kits including tank for $100, tower by themselves $30-40)
2 Perlicks $80 (used they about $30)
Handles $10 (those are more like $2 a piece)
6 cornies $200 (spot on)
Regulator $ 40 (see tower)
5# tank $80 (see tower)
Drip tray $40 (see tower, since that is an after market those are $18)

At $500 this would be a steal.
my price comes to $480. When I built mine I spent 200 on the kegger. I see danby and the like go for 200-300 so with upgrades (keeping in mind that is a bigger fridge) those are still way under $800. I didn't what to crap on the post but keep people that are unaware of the pricing from doing something they may regret then hatting homebrewing, giving up and one less person to help me with my problems.:mug:

are they ball lock or pin lock? that would raise the price by about $60 for ball locks or drop it $60 for pin lock

I'm open to reasonable offers in the Austin area. I am not dead set on $800, it is only a starting point for negotiation as everyone haggles on CL.

If anyone has a reasonable offer in the Austin area, please let me know.

it is only a starting point for negotiation as everyone haggles on CL.

NOW THATS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!! why didn't you say that in the first place lol. Yeah I know how haggling goes. Good luck with the sale.

FWIW I would add a little bit more to the listing like ball/pin lock kegs, how many connectors in comes with, date of the tank, is it empty?, cleaning kit? etc...

I suppose I assumed everyone knows how the CL game is played.

If anyone has any specific questions or wants specific pictures IN THE AUSTIN AREA please let me know.

I'd consider if I'd seen it a week or two ago...
I've spent 1000 or so building my setup... 8 kegs 3 pressure setup 4 tap freezer setup with ss pieces and 525 faucets...

40 $20 bills my friends. Just got home from delivering it to its happy new owner...

image-962290357.jpg

Nice Job! I knew you could do it! I could tell that you are a card player, by your demeanor. No one got to you. Good Show. ;)

Well looks like the CL game worked in your favor. Thats pretty funny! You wouldn't happen to be related to PT Barnum?

Naturallight16oz said:
So the fact that you have a pic of $800 proves that some sucker bought it? Happy for you.

I'll get you a pic of 20 grand to prove that i sold London bridge.

Did you type this reply after having a few Natty Light 16 ouncers? Haha

Did you type this reply after having a few Natty Light 16 ouncers? Haha

Hah, I gave that up about 10 years ago, just stuck with the name. Just making the point that anyone can take a pic of their money. Doesn't make me believe that he received that for what he was offering, and If he did more power to him and i feel bad for the guy that got ripped off that's all.

Hah, I gave that up about 10 years ago, just stuck with the name. Just making the point that anyone can take a pic of their money. Doesn't make me believe that he received that for what he was offering, and If he did more power to him and i feel bad for the guy that got ripped off that's all.

You think $800 is pricey, look at this ripoff on Craigslist:

http://denver.craigslist.org/for/2813251726.html

Homemade Keezer with dual - two tap towers and 1 5lb CO2.
The guy wants $2000!!!!

That doesn't even include kegs. What a joke :confused:

Man, just because you don't like the price you don't have to troll his classified and pi$$ and moan.

You think $800 is pricey, look at this ripoff on Craigslist:

http://denver.craigslist.org/for/2813251726.html

Homemade Keezer with dual - two tap towers and 1 5lb CO2.
The guy wants $2000!!!!

That doesn't even include kegs. What a joke :confused:

I agree, but according to everyone else here, this should be fair practice. I'm just looking out for the noobs that don't know any better yet. I was there at one time, and most probably still there.

I'm all in favor of the economics discussion. Demand and supply baby.

Back