Sanyo 4912M the same as 4912?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffb666

Reaction score
Will finally be making the jump to kegging, and have been reading up on DIY kegerators. Looks like ALOT of people recommend the Sanyo 4912. Does anyone know if the 4912M is the same as the 4912? I cant seem to find the 4912 model anywhere - maybe the 4912M is a newer model..?

Can't say about the Sanyo model, but if you're still investigating, lots of folks have had success with this 2-keg+co2tank option:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/frigidaire-model-frc445gb-mini-fridge-kegerator-conversion-89013/

I'm about halfway through this conversion at the moment and it has been very straightforward. Note that the model design has changed slightly on this one earlier in this year. But, other than the door molding (I had to cut that out to fit my 2 cornys), the rest is the same.

For what it's worth...

Yes, the 4912M is the same as the 4912. I have one and it fits 2 each 5 gallon kegs and a 5# co2 tank. It works great. I added a wood top and some side rails to dress it up a little.

Latest posts

Back