Sanyo 4912 with Co2 on the outside

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donasay

Reaction score
Hey everyone I am downgrading from my chest freezer to a sanyo 4912, but have a 20 pound and a 10 pound CO2 tank, that due to size constraints I am going to have to keep outside of the fridge. I am wondering if anyone else does this, and if so where you drill the hole for the line or how do you alternatively run the line from the outside of the fridge to the inside.

Pictures would be helpful as I am going to do the conversion on my day off tomorrow.

You can run a gas line through the drain hole in the back. I have a CO2 tank inside my 4912 with a beer gas tank running from the outside for when I use a stout tap. You will need to pull the rubber insert out of the drain hole to get the gas line to fit through it. The drain tray on the back pulls straight out, so you can remove it to put the line in and then put it back on when you're done.

Outside view:
5923-100_0770.JPG

Inside view:
5923-100_0771.JPG

I use a QD on the gas line outside the fridge so I can easily disconnect the tank if I need to move it.
5923-100_0769.JPG

I'm very tempted to do this - especially now that I finally set up a separate manifold instead of having a Y-adapter on the regulator outlet itself. I'm sick of how awkward it is to reach in back to change the regulator pressure, and how the gauge is tough to see. That, and maybe I can upgrade to a bigger tank.

Thanks for the pictures, they may help motivate me to finally do this!

Latest posts

Back