Sanyo 4912 Custom Top

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

brentap

Hello! Long time lurker here, but finally getting into building my first kegerator. I just recently purchased this (supposedly) unused and slightly modified 4912 off of craigslist. Shelves, trays, and door were already modified for some industrial liquid testing application that never happened. Dents were there from storage, but it works perfectly.

The plastic top had already been removed, and the top door hinge was replaced, which you may be able to see in the picture.

I'm curious about the best way to mount my own custom bar finished wood top onto this. The screws on the front top may cause it so the custom top is not level. I know how to check the lines with the starch/alcohol trick for cutting into this, but are there any concerns about drilling into the edges/corners? Or would I be better off leaving the custom wood top unattached and raised with rubber non-slip feet?

Thanks!

IMG_0946.jpg

Hello! Long time lurker here, but finally getting into building my first kegerator. I just recently purchased this (supposedly) unused and slightly modified 4912 off of craigslist. Shelves, trays, and door were already modified for some industrial liquid testing application that never happened. Dents were there from storage, but it works perfectly.

The plastic top had already been removed, and the top door hinge was replaced, which you may be able to see in the picture.

I'm curious about the best way to mount my own custom bar finished wood top onto this. The screws on the front top may cause it so the custom top is not level. I know how to check the lines with the starch/alcohol trick for cutting into this, but are there any concerns about drilling into the edges/corners? Or would I be better off leaving the custom wood top unattached and raised with rubber non-slip feet?

Thanks!
you could use dremmel to make indents in bottom of wood to go over screws.
for attaching glue and mounting screws from tower should do trick.

Latest posts

Back