Sanke to Ball Lock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

hootowl

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
The local restaurant would like to try my beer. They have sanke and I have ball lock. Does anyone make a coupler that mimicks a sanke keg they can connect to that has the ports for attaching lines and ball lock connectors?

Murph4231

Homebrew Advocate
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
The local restaurant would like to try my beer. They have sanke and I have ball lock. Does anyone make a coupler that mimicks a sanke keg they can connect to that has the ports for attaching lines and ball lock connectors?
Simply get ball lock fittings to connect directly to their sanke. Available from most HB supply stores. This particular keg coupler is a perlick low profile but the ball lock fittings fit all couplers.
20220227_085912.jpg

day_trippr

Structural Duct Tape Sales Engineer
Reaction score

Murph4231

Homebrew Advocate
HBT Supporter
Reaction score

marc1

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
If you're in the US, don't forget that while giving away homebrew is generally OK (depending on state law), selling it is against federal (and likely state) law.

cfrazier77

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
If you're in the US, don't forget that while giving away homebrew is generally OK (depending on state law), selling it is against federal (and likely state) law.
Not only is it illegal for you to sell it, also if you give it to the them it is still illegal for them to sell it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hootowl

hootowl

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I know about that setup because I have it for when I get commercial beer. I don't want them to be having to take things apart just for my keg and then putting it back for another keg. Was looking for something that they could simply mount their sanke coupler into with two ball lock hoses already attached. The place only has one keg on tap at any given time. As far as the legality... nobody is opening fridges to check kegs here.

day_trippr

Structural Duct Tape Sales Engineer
Reaction score
That "Corny-style lid" is considerably larger than an actual "Corny keg lid"....

1650312134607.png

Cheers!

bwible

I drink, and I know things
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I know about that setup because I have it for when I get commercial beer. I don't want them to be having to take things apart just for my keg and then putting it back for another keg. Was looking for something that they could simply mount their sanke coupler into with two ball lock hoses already attached. The place only has one keg on tap at any given time. As far as the legality... nobody is opening fridges to check kegs here.
You need the things day_tripper posted. There’s a video on that link that shows you how to do it. You just have to unscrew and reattach 2 beer nuts. You need 2 of them for $5.99 each, not going to beat that for ease or price. They make a point to tell you to pay attention to the little gasket that is inside the ball lock fitting.

wsmith1625

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score

Unfortunately he couldn't lock the lid down and ended up welding it.