Sanke kegging...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRIPLEMSU

Reaction score
I HAVE 3 SANKE KEGS AND HAVE USED THE KEGMAN KIT...SITE IS HERE The original KegMan keg Resealing Kit

I HAVENT KEGGED ANY BEER YET BUT I HAVE DISASSEMBLED AND REASSEMBLED THESE KEGS WITH THE D COUPLER AND HAD NO ISSUES...I DID FORCE CARB AND SPRAY SO STAR-SAN AND WATER ON IT AND SHOWS NO LEAKS (THAT I CAN TELL AT LEAST)

SHOULD I BE GOOD??? JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE BEFORE I KEG ALL 3 OF THESE BAD BOYS AND HAVE LEAKS...I HAVE A 10LB C02 TANK AS WELL THAT IS FULL AND READY.

ANY INFORMATION OR THOUGHTS WOULD BE APPRECIATED...I KNOW THE SPIRAL RINGS ARE EASY TO USE BUT THESE KEGMAN KITS WORK FOR ME AND I WILL KEEP USING THEM FOR A WHILE SO LETS TRY TO KEEP ON TOPIC.

THANKS AND HAPPY BREWING TO ALL!!! :tank:

ANOTHER QUESTION...FOR MY 1ST 3 BATCHES EVER WHAT SHOULD I MAKE??? I LIKE ALL BEERS BUT WANT 1 KEG FOR FRIENDS THAT ARE COORS LIGHT DRINKERS. :mug:

<ot> your caps lock or shift keys seem to be malfunctioning </ot>

SHOULD I BE GOOD???
you should be, but when you realize you paid $8.95 for a 10 cent snap ring, you might change your mind.

well worth the price in my eyes...especially once you buy in bulk and are done with it...now i have my way that works and thats why i asked if anyone else has used it.

have you used them before? or are you just chiming in about snap rings???

one thing i learned about this great site is that people do things so many different ways...some cost more $$$ some take more time AG>KITS...etc

For your first three batches, search the site for centennial blonde, cream of 3 crops, or a kolsh. Watch your fermentation temperatures (beer @ 66), and you will have a nice clean ale to serve. Good luck and happy brewing.

This was brought up in another thread, you can get this part from McMaster which also works and is quite cheaper:

McMaster part number 91580A246

4688-spring_vs_snap.jpg

Congrats on the new keezer! As mentioned abovem there are some great recipes for lighter homebrewed ales, but to brew a Coors Light, would be a challenge. Just for a point of reference, the original sanke spiral rings work great and are easy to install w/ a little practice. I like the spirals as they compress the o-ring during installation. Great link below posted by clutchdude.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/installing-retaining-ring-sanke-keg-64128/

Back