Sanke kegerator with corny keg...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KookyBrewsky

Reaction score
Just finished up every step of my first keg, for those of you who have been following, it was a bug beer. Lots of tiny bugs in the grain after I finished mashing. I did it all any way! I closed pressure transferred for the first time smoothly, I carbonated the beer, then I went to tap it and BAM, like a buffoon the kegerator was built for Sanke kegs, and the gentleman wasn't a home brewer who I bought it from.

I cut the liquid line adapter from the kegerator which is way too small diameter it seems, probably 1/8 inch. How am I supposed to go from ball lock to shank? It seems like there are way too many possibilities and I can't settle on how to finish this up.

Edit: the easiest route, instead of reworking the shank and all the connections there, is to leave everything as it is, but somehow get my 5mm ball lock to attach to the 3mm draught tubing... Everything else seems like it'll be fine. Suggestions?

Edit 2 : Solution found. it'll be really quick to swap out
1) 5' Vinyl Hose Jumper - 3/16" ID - Liquid Ball Lock Disconnect
2) just another gas ball lock will do the trick since the line is already there

Thanks

Last edited:
Back