Sanke Keg adapter causing more foam than Corny taps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canofworms

Reaction score
I have a 3 faucet keezer, 2 taps are used for homebrew the other is usually a commercial beer. I have sanke coupler that originally converted to ball lock post but I've since found it easier to terminate to 1/4" flare. All lines are 10' of 3/16" bev line with a serving pressure of 10psi. Serving temp is 38 degrees. I never have any over foaming issues on my two home brew taps that are in cornies but any keg attached to the sanke coupler tends to pour the first glass, if it hasn't been used in 30 minutes or so, very foamy. It seem the approx volume of beer that was in the line comes out followed by a second or two of foam and then solid beer. I have totally disassembled the sanke coupler, cleaned and checked all seals. Seems fine. No kinks in the lines either. Any advice? Is there a better line length for commercial kegs?

Thanks!
Jason

What style commercial beer?

My guess would be your dispensing pressure (for the dispensing temperature) is too low to maintain the "factory carbonation" level so CO2 is breaking out of solution...

Cheers!

Thanks day_trippr for getting me on the right path! Was a combination of getting the serving pressure to 12psi from 10, cutting some new longer bev lines and adding a fan to my keezer temp more stable from top to bottom. Went all the way to 16' line, pour is a little slow... may shorten but for now I can handle the 2 more second to pour a pint and have the flexibility to serve a higher carb'ed beer style with out changing line length.

Thanks again!! :mug:

Back