Sanitizing with Iodophor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaronc5150

Reaction score
I have a 5 gallon cornelius keg and this is the first time I am going to use it. Can someone suggest how much iodophor to use with how much water to sanitize? I don't want to use too much or too little. Thank you!

+1 to what Revvy said. you could also do about 1 teaspoon and about a gallon and half of water in the corny and shake it up to coat.

+1 to what Revvy said. you could also do about 1 teaspoon and about a gallon and half of water in the corny and shake it up to coat.

Yup...I mention in the sanitizer question thread that you don't really need ot mix up the whole five gallons of sanitizer...with no-rinses, you just need enough to wet the surfaces by slashing and swirling.

Yup...I mention in the sanitizer question thread that you don't really need ot mix up the whole five gallons of sanitizer...with no-rinses, you just need enough to wet the surfaces by slashing and swirling.

Revvy what don't you mention in your threads :ban: you da man

I've used Iodine based sanis enough now to know by the color. this way i can mix up a spray bottle when needed (about 2 qts)

Back