Sanitizing Overnight?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KBrewG

Reaction score
I am using C-brite to sanitize my equipment and had planned on mixing a solution and just letting everything soak overnight, but I have read many instructions that say to soak for 20 mins or so.

Is that just a minimum soak time or is there a reason that I shouldn't do a overnight soak?

I don't think C-Brite is really a great sanitizer. I would reconsider and go with StarSan or Iodophor so you don't have to worry about soak times or rinsing. 20 - 30 second contact will take care of pretty much everything.

Yeah...after reading more here definitely thinking that in the future I'll switch to StarSan. Already decided to order a Vinator as well.

You will be very happy with both Star San and a Vinator. Bottle trees are pretty handy too. Bottling usually takes us about 30 minutes using Star San, Vinator, and a big bottle tree.

Back