Sanitizing bottles with pump sprayer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vorsicht709

Reaction score
I was inspired when I was watching Yuris's brewing videos when he sanitizes his carboy with a pump sprayer, Is it possible fill it with oxysan to do the same thing with bottles rather than dunking them in a bucket.??

Well, star-san or iodophor work well this way. I use it all the time to sanitize my bottles, then stick them on the bottle tree.
I've never heard of oxysan, so I'm not sure if that's a no-rinse sanitizer.

Oh its no rinse, I used it for my last brew. This is gonna makesanitizing bottles so much easier I dont have a bottle tree so im gonna have to get inventive

It really does! I bought one later on, because I thought they were kind of silly- but after using one, I love it! A couple of pumps into a clean bottle, and you're done!

If I recall, oxysan requires a few minutes of wet contact to be effective. star-san requires 30 seconds wet time/foam contact to work. I'd put money on star-san working fine. plus the leftover will keep a long time. those oxygen based sanitizers degrade much more quickly.

Back