Sanitising a Counter Pressure bottle filler?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aamcle

Reaction score
After much moaning from my son who, the savage that he is, wants to drink from the bottle I've decided to build a bottling station based on this:-

my-CPBF.png

I bought it complete it's MUCH cheaper than buying the parts but I'm concerned about sanitising it, my thought is to pump percarbonate through it from alternate sides (beer flow then gas flow) then follow that up with star san. But will that be enough to get into all the nooks and crannies, chase out all the trapped bubbles and so on?

Obviously I don't want to fully disassemble it prior to use unless I really have to, so what procedure do you recommend?

I think I can make a station that will fill glass bottles and with one easy change PET bottles :) but I'll have to build to know for sure.

Thanks All. aamcle

Did you ever figure this out? Also how do you like using this bottle filler? I just bought one identical to it.

Thanks,
Lorne

Ah... well. to sanitise I pump hot water 90Deg + water through it.

As for the bottle filler I've not used it yet, I have only just just got the parts to build a stand and without the stand I can only see it as a nightmare to use.

aamcle

Ah... well. to sanitise I pump hot water 90Deg + water through it.

As for the bottle filler I've not used it yet, I have only just just got the parts to build a stand and without the stand I can only see it as a nightmare to use.

aamcle

Yea I was trying to figure out a stand as well. Sommbeer has a tutorial for how to make one and use one. It looks like a good solution. https://sommbeer.com/build-adjustable-height-stand-mounted-counterpressure-bottle-filler/

I have a tall chamber for My fastferment next to my bottling counter. I’ll likely mount the filler to that plywood box and fill there.

These are pretty easy to use without a stand, I have a sturdy (stable) pitcher I keep close to place the filler in while I'm capping. I thoroughly flush with water then submerse in sanitizer working all the valves immediately after use.....sanitizer again before next use.

I found several stands on youtube I have taken inspiration from them. I will have adjustable height and the filler will swing out so the bottle can be fitted.
Like this

aamcle

Back