Sanitation questions.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WortIfied

Reaction score
Hi all, long time lurked, first time poster.

Just signed up today because I'm ready to start my first brew using a Midwest Complete kit + Carboy.

I was reading and watching a few videos of he process and have complete confidence in my ability to brew a decent batch the first time. I was just wondering, when sanitizing the fermentation bucket with starsan, it says no rinse, now this just may be a dumb question but, does that mean the two gallons of water and sani mixture does not have to be dumped before I pour my wort? ( I only have a 4 gal kettle to boil so I need to add the other two gals to the fermenter). Or after I sanitize the ferment bucket, Dino dump it and start with a fresh two gallons of water.

I apologize if the question seems dumb or confusing lol.

Thanks ahead of time guys, I just want to make sure I do this right the first go around and don't kill the yeast or create an infectious batch!

Thanks for the fast reply. I figured I would need to dump it, just needed to clarify that.

Wouldn't think you would want to pitch yeast into a bucket with sani in it lol.

Back