Sanitation non foaming help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyled93

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Need a bit of advice. I currently have a brutus 10 design with the below spray ball as my sparge/CIP. My question comes in with which sensitizers can I use that will not cause extreme foaming? The LHB told me iodophor, this just didn't seem right as I swore that last time I used this chemical it did foam up. Does anyone have any suggestions on a non foaming sanitizer? Saniclean maybe? Or should I just buy bulk acid and dilute it to proper concentrations?

Thanks!

Hey guys,

Need a bit of advice. I currently have a brutus 10 design with the below spray ball as my sparge/CIP. My question comes in with which sensitizers can I use that will not cause extreme foaming? The LHB told me iodophor, this just didn't seem right as I swore that last time I used this chemical it did foam up. Does anyone have any suggestions on a non foaming sanitizer? Saniclean maybe? Or should I just buy bulk acid and dilute it to proper concentrations?

Thanks!

Iodophor doesn't foam, at least in my experience. Otherwise, Saniclean is the perfect choice. I don't sanitize my brewing system, but if I did that is what I would use.

Why are you worried about the foam? I have not used iodophor,but I thought I read it does not foam(may be wrong though).

Why are you worried about the foam? I have not used iodophor,but I thought I read it does not foam(may be wrong though).

If you pump a foaming sanitiser through a sprayball all you get is foam, i.e. the sanitiser no longer wets anything.

This is what I have is a pump. The other down side is staining my silicon tubes. Granted yooper is correct. The only items I'll be sanitizing will be the fermenter and the heat exchanger. I guess iodophor will be used since it's readily available and cheap.

I am going to try to order some Sani clean. I'm brewing this weekend and will be using iodophor since this is all I have for the time being. I'll try to post some photos to see if it does foam.

Latest posts

Back