Saniclean and Starsan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neumann

Reaction score
I picked up some Saniclean from my LHBS and best as I can tell this is just a low foaming, longer contact time version of Starsan. Is that right? How long can I keep this mixed up in a spray bottle and have it remain viable?

Listen to the BN where they had Charley from 5 Star talk about all his products. I think there is a link on here somewhere to it.

We talked about both of these products at my club last night. Saniclean basically contains less surfactant than StarSan. With StarSan, the foam will actually sanitize. That means you only need to mix a little bit, then shake it around in your vessel to sanitize. Since Saniclean doesn't foam as much, you almost need to mix a lot so it contacts your entire fermentation vessel.

i have 4 of 5 gallons starsan in a arrowhead bottle i made up this past may. checked it with a ph strip (needs to be clear and below 3) mine is ~2.8. i mixed with distilled water. rinse with tap water then coat for 30 - 60 seconds with starsan foam. dump back in jug for reuse. 32oz will last my lifetime it appears. but i had to support my lbhs even though it cost twice as much as online..

Back