Samsung Galaxy S8

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kev211

Reaction score
Anyone have one of these? I got my wife one last week (got her to make the switch from iPhone). Its a beautiful phone and is scary fast. But Im having one issue I cant figure out... When she plugs it in to charge, unless she shuts the screen off with the lock button, it stays on, and will stay on until she unplugs it or shuts it off. I turned off the "screen always on" box and its still happening. Its not even the 'daydream' (or equivalent) screen. Its just the lock screen. I know with the S5 and S6 the option to turn it off was in developer options, which in Android 4.2 they hid to keep people from accidentally screwing up their phones. Does anyone have this phone that is experiencing this? Any suggestions??

I found this with a Google search:

SOLVED! This was happening on the better halves phone that we just picked up yesterday. I put our phones next to each other & started flipping through menu settings, comparing the two. I finally switched the settings menu to "list view" & found her phone has a "developers options" tab all the way down at the bottom (for whatever reason, my g4 doesn't have this tab). 3rd down the developer options list is "Stay awake, screen will never timeout while charging", which was checked. Unchecked & screen turns off now.

I found this with a Google search:

SOLVED! This was happening on the better halves phone that we just picked up yesterday. I put our phones next to each other & started flipping through menu settings, comparing the two. I finally switched the settings menu to "list view" & found her phone has a "developers options" tab all the way down at the bottom (for whatever reason, my g4 doesn't have this tab). 3rd down the developer options list is "Stay awake, screen will never timeout while charging", which was checked. Unchecked & screen turns off now.

What did you search for then? I have ran so many freaking Google searches to find the answer and have read a lot of posts but didn't find that. I'll give it a try. Thanks!

I think something like "Samsung Galaxy s8 stays on while charging" It gave some hits on old Samsung versions. The one I read was a forum and it was quite a few replies down.

Not too long ago, I bought two Galaxy J3's for Sharon and I, saved $100 each. got for only $79.99 each! Great phone for a first smartandroidIrobot whatever phone. Mine shuts off after the minute I set it for, even when charging. The Next radio thing is pretty good too. Earbuds are amazing sounding compared to 50 years ago.
I was even able to link my Caldwell Chronograph to my phone with a free app to get all the velocity, power, etc numbers. For those out of the loop, a chronograph is a velocity/energy measuring device for any kind of air or powder guns, bows and arrows, whatever.
Caldwell chronograph with IR lights for sensors;

Close-up of my new gun rack;

You can see my Crosman 160 Pellgun .22 front right. Hatsan Striker 1000x .22 left of that. Winchester 1400cs .177 magnum and then my TC Hawken 50cal far left. Back left is my British/Australian Short Lee Enfield MKIII .303 caliber dated 1918. Right of it is my old CVA kit .45cal Kentucky percussion rifle. All brass on it was raw castings. Right of that is Kmart's version of the Nylon 66 .22 called a Mohawk 10C. then a Remington Semi-auto .22 built 1935-1947. I did my latest Airgun Shooter video about these older ones called Golden Oldies.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQE-WLz392I[/ame]
Phone APP pic;
chronoapppic1_1.jpg

Back