Sam Smith

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dantodd

Reaction score
How long ago did Sam Smith switch over to all brown bottles? I haven't had any in years. The reason I stopped drinking it was that most of their beers used to come in clear bottles and always tasted terribly skunked.

I happened to check out the bottles at Whole Foods last week and noticed that they are all brown now! I have to pick up some 2006 Winter Welcome.

dantodd said:
How long ago did Sam Smith switch over to all brown bottles? I haven't had any in years. The reason I stopped drinking it was that most of their beers used to come in clear bottles and always tasted terribly skunked.

I happened to check out the bottles at Whole Foods last week and noticed that they are all brown now! I have to pick up some 2006 Winter Welcome.

hmm, I've only ever had clear bottles but it tastes amazing, best beer ever..

When I worked at a beer/wine shop I loved it but only when I got it right away, it seemed to get skunked bad and fast. After I left the shop I stopped drinking it. I was surprised to see brown bottles.

I noticed the same thing a while ago, only not all the bottles were brown. Maybe as the stores stock cycles out all of them will be.

I was afraid the answer was going to be.. "Gee haven't they always been brown? You must be really old to remember the clear bottles!"

I guess I'll just have to start drinking Samuel Smith beers again. Shucks.

This is avery recent development. I drink SS's beers often, but only recently did the bottles start showing up in brown glass. However, I have only seen the 12 oz bottles in brown. The big ones (22 oz so) were still clear glass when I last looked just a few weeks ago.

Are they making the BIG bottles in brown now too?

-walker

Yep. I've pucked up a few recently, the Nut Brown, The Porter, the India Ale. All in brown 500 or 550 mL bottles (I can't remember which). All tasted good to me.

Just went to 3 different beer stores and they all had Samuel Smith Pint bottles and they were all brown now.

I did pick up a couple and just finished off my 1006 Winter Welcome! Very nice. I'll be cracking open an IPA this evening.

Back