Sam Adams + Weihenstephan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roofpig

Reaction score
Anybody catch this article? I'm curious to hear some reactions to it. Personally, I doubt they'll be able to pull in as many newbies as they hope they will, but if it's a good enough product I'm sure they'll have a lot of true beer lovers buying into it.

Sounds like something I'll try for sure....Not sure if it's aimed for the 'newbies' though...I'm sure they are aiming for the people that all ready buy 'premium or micro' beer. Alot of people on here bash SA but hell....Guy was a homebrewer that went big...real big. Makes a product(s) ten fold better than the big 3. While the Boston Lager isn't my first choice some of his other brews are.....Who can say anything bad about Utopia?....sheet...I love the summer ale too.
Weihenstephan isn't something to sneeze at either.... More power to em.
I can't wait and I'll surely buy it.....at least to try.

Not sure if it's aimed for the 'newbies' though...I'm sure they are aiming for the people that all ready buy 'premium or micro' beer.
What led me to say what I did was this: "Both brewers said they hoped the new brew could win more wine and spirits drinkers over to beer." It's not impossible, I guess, but honestly, most wine drinkers I know won't touch beer no matter how much I try to convince them. But hey, I hope I'm wrong, because we can always use more beer lovers in the world. :)

True, many 'wine people' look down on beer. I was in a liqour store several years ago that had "tastings" on Friday evenings. I stopped in to buy whatelse? BEER. Anyway I ramble on in and there's all these people dressed up standing around a table with the owner holding a bottle. Usually....I don't pay attention. I've had a dixie cup of wine and smiled...but that's about it. This time...I paid ATTENTION. Was a bottle of Utopia....I elbowed my way to third in line real quick!! All the people milling around seemed disappointed when she announced it was a beer sampling that evening. When it became my turn (dressed in dirty jeans and dirty t-shirt because I just got off work...) She asked "Do you know what this is?"....My reply..." I can't beleive your pouring this out for free." Guy behind me asked why....and I told him that the bottle was well over a hundred dollars....He seemed to like his sample......lol.....

As a wine drinker AND a beer brewer I definitely have seen both sides of the wino/beergeek coin. knowing a couple vineyard owners and wine makers they fully enjoy craft beer and love when I give them beer. I'll buy this because I want to taste good beer and I'm interested...eh it could be crap who knows

Back