Sam Adams Summer variety pack?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeirvine

Reaction score
Anyone else severely disappointed in this one? It was a Sam Adams variety pack that lead me to the Sam Adams Black Lager which is one of my favorite beers so I thought I'd give the summer one a chance. First of all, don't get me wrong I actually like Boston Lager and even Sam Adams light, but I've had them why are they even in it? I seen the East-West Kolsch and the Rustic Saison and basically got the whole thing to try those two. Neither were any good. Only good thing about the pack was that 6 out of the 12 were good ones I've had before, like the Lat 48 IPA and as mentioned above Sam Light and Boston Lager. Overall I just felt they completely dropped the ball on this particular variety pack.

I liked the Kolsch. It wasnt anything spectacular, but pretty good for SA. The Boston Lager is always good, and I save the Light for my non-craft type friends. I love the Lat 48, and thought the Saison was eh, drinkable. Summer Ale has really gone down the tubes for me. But my brother loves it so I keep it in the fridge and tell him I saved them for him.

So I am not disappointed, four outta six aint bad. It is probably my least favorite seasonal pack, but I would buy it again if on sale.

Back