Sam Adams Summer Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camatt2989

Reaction score
Im sure most of you have had Sams summer ale, i love almost all Sam products but when i tried this beer it had a terrible cardboard taste. Is it possible i got an oxidized batch? Perhaps its something in the blend? i have had beers with the same flavor at tastings but assumed it was a bad batch? Can someone with more experience tell me what i am tasting?

Yeah, I don' know if they've changed the recipe or what, but that used to be my favorite beer in college, and now something is turning me off in it. It just doesn't seem the same, I normally buy 1 sixer each year to see, and the last couple of years I haven't really enjoyed it. I thought there were some other threads about it, but I think it's changed, could be totally wrong though.

I picked up a 6 pack and some 22oz of this about a month ago. The taste was off in the six pack compared to the 22oz maybe it was the age of the beer. Gave away most of the six to people to justify needed to hit the store again.

Latest posts

Back