sam adams octoberfest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erikhild59

Reaction score
My wife brought home a twelver, and although I kinda gave up on old sam, I gotta say I'm likin these...anyone else ?

I used to love SA Oktoberfest, but just can't drink it this year. Not sure if it's different or my palate has changed. I hope the same doesn't happen when the Winter Lager rolls out...

I had one last week. From what I remember, it was good, but I had a few other beers before it, so my taste buds could've been off.

I did a blind taste of a few different Octoberfests with some friends yesterday. I forget what they all were, but all of us ended up picking Sam Adams as the best.

It's good and always drinkable but the over-exuberant malt list and use of too much crystal malt put it a notch or two below the real McCoy.

Sammy's Octoberfest has a special place in my heart. It's good as a commerical beer, average as an Oktoberfest/Marzen, but when I became of drinking age that was the only decent beer they served at the University of Nevada football games (yeah, that's right. We're one of the only schools that do that.) So every year when it starts to get cold and I see that beer in the grocery store it's like a "welcome back to college football" greeting.

Nostalgia tastes great, btw :D

This years is not as good. I have a 1/6 barrel of it on tap right now and it is quite good, but not REAL good like last couple of years.

Back