Sam Adams Maple Pecan Porter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PilotCline

Reaction score
So I had this beer about a year and a half ago while doing the brewery tour at Sam Adams in Boston. I thought it was absolutely amazing. It is what I would call a breakfast beer. It would go great with waffles! At the time they were just doing a trial of it and said that it would probably never see the light of day outside of the brewery. I just noticed tonight that it is included in the spring sample pack. Of course it only had 2 bottles per 12 pack. Well, I want more. Better yet, I want to try to clone it. I emailed Sam Adams a while back, maybe 3 months ago or so, and asked if they could give me any pointers since I had not seen this beer go into production. They told me that they do not give recipes or help. So has anyone here tried this beer yet, and if so, what direction should I go? Thanks!

Also, I will add that I am not set up for all grain. Some day...
From Sam Adam's website:
Style: Porter
Malt Varieties: Samuel Adams® two-row pale malt blend, Caramel 60, Munich, and Carafa
Hop Variety: East Kent Goldings
IBUs: 26
Color: Reddish black / 30 SRM
Alcohol: 5.6%ABV - 4.4%ABW
Yeast Strain: Samuel Adams® ale yeast
Calories: 196
First Brewed: 2011

Pilot I am drinking one of these right now and am trying to find a recipe as well! So :mug: to ya!

So bump bump Bueler......... Bueler............

Austin Homebrew had it listed as a new clone in their email this week. Not much on the website about it. Would love to find someone who has tried it. I haven't had the SA but it sounds like a winner

Reminded me of a Pecan beer that I had down south a couple of summers back.......http://lazymagnolia.com/ourbeer.php

Original Gravity 13.5
Final Gravity 5.2
Bittering Units 19
Lovibond Scale 15
Alcohol by Volume 4.39%
Grains Maris Otter, caramel malt, wheat, roasted pecans
Hops Domestic nugget and willamette
Flavor Profile Sweet with a soft maltiness, lots of caramel flavors
Aroma Nutty and caramel
Ideal Serving Temperature 50 degrees F
Ideal Carbonation Level 2.5 Volumes

Reminded me of a Pecan beer that I had down south a couple of summers back.......http://lazymagnolia.com/ourbeer.php

Original Gravity 13.5
Final Gravity 5.2
Bittering Units 19
Lovibond Scale 15
Alcohol by Volume 4.39%
Grains Maris Otter, caramel malt, wheat, roasted pecans
Hops Domestic nugget and willamette
Flavor Profile Sweet with a soft maltiness, lots of caramel flavors
Aroma Nutty and caramel
Ideal Serving Temperature 50 degrees F
Ideal Carbonation Level 2.5 Volumes

I love Southern Pecan. Made a mild that is roughly based on theirs but is at 3.5% so you can drink it all night long

Back