sam adams light recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KEITH27

Reaction score
does anyone have a recipe for an all grain sam adams light beer? i seen the extract one in the recipe section but i didnt see nothing for an all grain.. thanx for the help :tank:

does anyone have a recipe for an all grain sam adams light beer? i seen the extract one in the recipe section but i didnt see nothing for an all grain.. thanx for the help :tank:

You're not going to find a lot of light beer recipes on here bud:D

One of the nice things about the Sam website is that they list the ingredients and some other info about the beers. I don't think the SA Light is a "Lite" beer like the BMC products but just a lower gravity lager. The site says the beer is 9 Plato, 4.1 ABV, uses pale malt, 60L crystal and Spalt hops. Try this:

7.5 lbs domestic pale
.25 lbs crystal 60L

.75 oz Spalt @ 60 minutes
.25 oz Spalt @ 15 minutes

I would do a main rest @ 148F for 60 minutes and maybe another 15 minutes @ 158F to get the FG down but still leave some body. Wyeast 2042 Danish is my general purpose lager yeast but use what you like.

:mug:

One of the nice things about the Sam website is that they list the ingredients and some other info about the beers. I don't think the SA Light is a "Lite" beer like the BMC products but just a lower gravity lager. The site says the beer is 9 Plato, 4.1 ABV, uses pale malt, 60L crystal and Spalt hops. Try this:

7.5 lbs domestic pale
.25 lbs crystal 60L

.75 oz Spalt @ 60 minutes
.25 oz Spalt @ 15 minutes

I would do a main rest @ 148F for 60 minutes and maybe another 15 minutes @ 158F to get the FG down but still leave some body. Wyeast 2042 Danish is my general purpose lager yeast but use what you like.

:mug:

Is this for a 5 gallon scale?

Back