Sam Adams Chocolate Bock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try looking in liquor/beer stores. My guess is, that's where you'll find one.

I've seen it both in the beer stores in Austin, TX area and down in Casa Grande, AZ. About $16 each.

I had one a couple weeks ago....very very nice.

Not bad, but not worth the price tag AT ALL in my opinion. Tastes like a decent bock with some cocoa powder in it.

It says it's aged on cocoa nibs, and that's probably part of the price right there, but it just isn't that great. If it was regular price for a 6 pack, I would probably buy it again, but I definitely won't be shelling out $16 for a bottle of this stuff again.

Not bad, but not worth the price tag AT ALL in my opinion. Tastes like a decent bock with some cocoa powder in it.

It says it's aged on cocoa nibs, and that's probably part of the price right there, but it just isn't that great. If it was regular price for a 6 pack, I would probably buy it again, but I definitely won't be shelling out $16 for a bottle of this stuff again.

x2

It's not bad, i didn't hate it but i didn't love it either. Not worth the price, especially since i live in Utah and all beer above 4%ABV has to be sold in a state run liquor store at a considerable markup here.

X3 Found it at Whole Foods in Baton Rouge. Good, but not worth the price

I've had 4 pints of this beer at local bars. I think it is a really good bock, and the chocolate flavor is really nice. One of the best offerings from Sam Adams I've ever had. And at 4 bucks a pint you can't go wrong.

I found it in Asheville at Brusin Ales.

Good beer, good bock, but my gawd, NOT worth 16 bucks a bottle.

It did air on the sweet side of a bock, but hey, thats how they made it, if we don't like it, brew one better!

Aaaaaaand it's official I am a moron.... The title SHOULD have said choc bock CLONE.... I already had a bottle and I agree it is pricey but it WAS good, so any clone recipies?!?!

Up my way $12.99. Hesitant to spend that kind of cake.

On a side note, still have a bottle from 94 of their triple bock.

Back