Sake Aging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desert_Sky

Since 1998
Reaction score
I just received a few bottles of Diamond Sake from a sakery (??) up in Oregon through Liquid Solutions. It was back ordered and when I called Liquid Solutions the guy said it was a local dude doing it and he in the process of bottling some more. So Im assuming the two bottles I got were from that batch.

Now, my old man is a sake lover...me, well not that much. I mean its good with sushi but thats about as much as i know about it. Now if these were just bottled, should i tell my dad to let these age a bit or is sake good fresh? Just curious.....

Kampai!! :mug:

I have a bottle of unopened Sake from the asian fair two years ago. So I need to know this also, although I haven't opened it because it seems it might not be that great. Can you describe what it exactly tastes like? Is there anything slightly comparable to it, might make me actually drink it. :D

Back