saison secondary temperature

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I currently have a belgian saison in secondary in my attic. I know warm temps are better for primary, but is it the same for secondary? The yeast is WLP565 Belgian Saison I Yeast if that helps.

I currently have a belgian saison in secondary in my attic. I know warm temps are better for primary, but is it the same for secondary? The yeast is WLP565 Belgian Saison I Yeast if that helps.
Really no need to secondary a Saison. How long was it in the primary? What was the gravity reading when you moved it?
From BJCP Guidelines: Clarity is poor to good though haze is not unexpected in this type of unfiltered farmhouse beer.

I have a Saison that's been going for about a week and a half. I'm keeping it at about 85 degrees with a heating pad. I figure it will take at least three weeks to fully attenuate. Give it another week or more for the yeast to clean up and then bottle.

If your yeast it done doing its work, don't worry about the temperature. I'd say you should just bottle.

Latest posts

Back