Saison Dump or Saison Blend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brispriggs

Reaction score
Hi all, don't post much but need some advice on a beer style I've never even tasted, let alone brewed before! I brewed a Saison but messed up on the spice addition and added half an ounce of grains of paradise. Way too much? The beer tastes pretty peppery to me but is only at 1.02 and still sloooooowly dropping. Would blending it with another 5gal batch of unspiced Saison bring the level down enough, or should I give up and start over? Would love to hear your thoughts, really have been enjoying the wealth of brewing info on this site......Thanks[/CODE]

I don't have much experience with grains of paradise (other than a few Sam Adams' brews) but I wouldn't make any judgments until fermentation has finished. I have made a few Belgians before and I can tell you that the final few gravity points make a pretty big difference in the beer. Besides, the peppery note you are tasting may very well fade with a little aging. I wouldn't dump it at all, keg or bottle it up and let it sit for a few months. Let us know how it comes out.

Joe

Back