Safe to bottle in?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diannotti

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these 32 ounce flip top growlers. I have four of them and would like to use for bottling. I was thinking 3.5" of head space. Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks

2vxhyky.jpg

Yeah I bottle in those all the time. Leave the same headspace you would for a normal bottle.

Sorry to bump this up but does everyone agree on leaving no extra head space? I head read that proportionally more head space was required on larger than 12 ounce bottles. Is that incorrect?

Yeah just pull out the bottling wand and that is enough headspace.

Sorry to bump this up but does everyone agree on leaving no extra head space? I head read that proportionally more head space was required on larger than 12 ounce bottles. Is that incorrect?

I do what GodsStepBrother does. I fill to the top of the bottle with the bottling wand in there and pull out the wand on all sizes of bottles. On taller bottles, there's more bottling wand in there, so it will automatically give more headspace.

Back