Sad day at Two Cats Winery...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoctorCAD

Reaction score
Today is bottling day for my WE limited Edition Primitivo.

Everything was set up, bottles washed, corks soaking, wine moved to bucket.

Doorbell rings, neighborhood kids have found one of the two cats dead in the woods behind my house.

Timmy was caught by a pack of wild dogs that have been seen in our area lately, I don't think he suffered much, but I hope he got in a few good licks before they killed him.

Wine was bottled, hope tears are sterile...

We've lost a cat in a similar way. I suggest going through all the pictures you had of the kitty. It'll make you cry like a baby for a couple hours, but it's a good start to healing. Sorry man.

My condolences. Beloved pets always cross the Rainbow Bridge far earlier than youd ever want them to. A toast to Timmy.

Saddened to hear of your loss. My cat "Schnitzel" died just a bit ago. I still feel the pain.

Maybe as a memorial, you might put an image of Timmy on the back label of the Primitivo?

I did this a few years back ... took a photo and used photoshop to create a version of the photo that looks like a painting (a trick that uses a couple specific filters ... really pretty easy) ... and then made a watermark out of it and used it under the writing on the back label.

We didn't have Timmy very long, he simply showed up at our door one day and decided to stay. He was a Maine Coon cat and was by far the best cat for being friendly. He was just as happy snuggling with me as chasing mice. Never met a cat as friendly.

I liked him from the first time I saw him at the door and he was MY cat. The wife has Rosie (obviously the second of the two cats).

Many years ago, we had a Maine Coon cat named Jane who was like that - very friendly, great personality, liked being with the people.

We didn't have Timmy very long, he simply showed up at our door one day and decided to stay. He was a Maine Coon cat and was by far the best cat for being friendly. He was just as happy snuggling with me as chasing mice. Never met a cat as friendly.

I liked him from the first time I saw him at the door and he was MY cat. The wife has Rosie (obviously the second of the two cats).

I have a Maine Coon cat myself- she's a snuggly sweet furball. She won't chase mice, but she's a great companion. I'm sorry for your loss!

Rocket Socks Brewery was named for Rusty Rocket Socks, the abby in my avatar. I'm hoping that someday it will be easier to explain the name of my brewery.

Sorry for your loss.

Dave

I can only imagine how you felt. I had to put down my Boxer of 5 years and my brew partner in June. I brewed a commemorative beer for her with the help of my buddy who owns a well respected brewery in Katy, TX. I sobbed like a little girl brewing it. If you are shipping, let me know the costs... I'd love some. :mug:

sorry for your lose
my mom lives in Fayetteville and says they terrible there with all the troops deployed 'so thats the excuse' they were going to get some people to shot them........didnt sound like a bad idea to me

Back