S#ccer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Reaction score
The s#ccer season has just started in the UK, well, for my league anyway.
20 minutes till kick off, I'm sitting in the garden with the live commentary on the laptop, sun is shining, and I have my homebrew by my side.

Life just doesn't get any better than this!!!

The only reason I'm posting this in drunken rants is that my team sucks, and I might be drunken ranting in a couple of hours. :drunk:

Do you believe they call that pansy sport football;)

In a few weeks we'll all be like you only with helmets, and I'm already drunk. That's what happens when you have to get up at 4AM

Soccer? Oh, yeah, that.

Brockman: [calling plays from booth listlessly] Halfback passes to the center. Back to the wing. Back to the center. Center holds it. Holds it. [rolls eyes] Holds it...

Mexican Announcer: [excitedly] Halfback passes to center, back to wing, back to center, center holds it! Holds it! Holds it!

In actual news, the Redskins are playing their first home preseason game as we speak. :rockin:

soccer is the boss. I love going to matches! That's one hell of a sport :mug:

One of the thrills of my lifetime was when the world cup was in the states and getting to go to one of the games here in detroit, and the after party on the street afterwards...Druck people from all around the world...it was amazing.

One of the thrills of my lifetime was when the world cup was in the states and getting to go to one of the games here in detroit, and the after party on the street afterwards...Druck people from all around the world...it was amazing.

No wonder, you're from Detoit, be in Pittsburgh after a Superbowl win. Druck people who's families are from all around the world

I love futbol, but I love playing rugby even more! First practices last week, tournament in OC, MD next weekend! :rockin:

Is your team in the Premier league at least? Middlesborough? Bolton? Fulham?
The Premier League doesn't kick off until next weekend, so I'm guessing that (like me) OhioBrit is blighted by having to support a team from the crappy leagues.

Speaking of sporting highlights, is anyone else keeping their fingers crossed that the weather at the Oval stays fine tomorrow, so we can knock over the remaining Saffers before tea?

The Premier League doesn't kick off until next weekend, so I'm guessing that (like me) OhioBrit is blighted by having to support a team from the crappy leagues.

Ah the good old Championship and Coca-cola league. I thought it was too early for the Prem to have started, but goal.com fooled me.

My favorite league doesn't start until September: North Area Youth Soccer Assn. I am assistant coach for my 6 year old daughter's team.

Oh yeah, and I am waiting for Premier League and Man United to start back up!

Yeah, I'll bet.

Especially since "Detroit" and "superbowl win" will never be uttered in the same breath in my lifetime. :D

At least we have the wings.

Amen, Revvy.

Although I still say that soccer is barely a sport here in the US.

My favorite league doesn't start until September: North Area Youth Soccer Assn. I am assistant coach for my 6 year old daughter's team.

Oh yeah, and I am waiting for Premier League and Man United to start back up!

Soccer around my house is pretty much year round...U14 Cub season is underway, with the Select travel starting in Sept. I can not wait!!!

My Prem League Club...Liverpool

Back