S-bubble airlock type

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaleAleMale

Reaction score
Do you put water or sanitizer in these like the 3-piece airlocks? Or do you just put them on and let them sit? Rapid answer needed!! THanks in advance

PAM

Water, Vodka or Everclear. Depends on what I have laying around. Usually it's just water though.

I think they look cooler than the cylindrical airlocks

booooooo to the s-type airlock. my water never filled the chambers correctly. no matter how i tapped it or flipped it upside down the water never filled the second chamber.

The only problem I've had with them is getting them clean after a blow off, but I have larger containers now so that doesn't happen. They're both functional.

Wheat King said:
booooooo to the s-type airlock. my water never filled the chambers correctly. no matter how i tapped it or flipped it upside down the water never filled the second chamber.
So that's why I'm not getting any bubbles then? :( I didn't have it full up (about half full), does this stop it working?

I use sanitized water, from the same batch I sanitize all my equipment in. Fill it to halfway up each chamber of the airlock. (There should be a line on there)

Mark228 said:
So that's why I'm not getting any bubbles then? :( I didn't have it full up (about half full), does this stop it working?

no, i think it functions the same ;) but i just like things to be exactly how i want them to be...how they look in the picture

Back